Thursday, February 1, 2024

Dune Racer

Manufactured by Amutec of Mablethorpe, the Dune Racer made its debut at the Amusement Trades Exhibition International in 1989.


Queen's Market, Rhyl, May 2017.

Sadly, the unit shown in the video above had lost one of its headlights as well as its sound effect button, and the decals on the side of the car were very worn, making the name hard to read.  However, apart from this, it was in pretty original condition.  It had been many years since I'd heard the original soundtrack on one of these, and made me quite tearful with nostalgia after I put my 20p in the slot!  Alas, Queen's Market closed soon after this video was filmed and the ride ended up at Barry Island Pleasure Park.  Sadly, I believe it has since been scrapped.

No comments:

Post a Comment