Tuesday, August 1, 2023

Horse

Tommy's Amusements, Ingoldmells, June 2017.  This horse was once under the ownership of RG Mitchell, according to a plate on the back of his base.

Yet another unidentified horse ride!  I'm pretty sure this one isn't British.  He looks similar to the original Bally "Champion" horses of the 1950s and, in fact, I once saw one with the Bally-style writing on his base.  However, it would appear this is some kind of copy.  He probably dates from the 1960s or very early 1970s but I don't know which side of the Atlantic he came from!

I have seen a French distributors' flyer with one of these horses named "Fury", but again, no idea if France is where he originated or not.

Clip from "Tec the Tractor", Folly Farm, 1990s

In the above "Tec the Tractor" clip, a similar horse can be seen in the background.  It's hard to see the horse clearly but the base is very different.  For the timebeing, I decided to include them both in the same post.  If anybody has further information, I'd be very grateful!

No comments:

Post a Comment