Sunday, April 16, 2023

"Mini Pony"

Resembling a sweet chubby shetland pony, this tiny equine was originally part of Robinson Partners' "Circus Rides" range.  I am unsure when it was first released but it was certainly around by the early 1960s.  The Circus Rides were very popular with small shops and the rides were still being manufactured and operated by Robinson Partners in the 1990s.

It was the first ride that Robinson Partners manufactured as part of a double ride, released as "Pony Twin" in 1966.  However, all of the Circus range would eventually be offered as alternative options for the twin version.

The "Pony Twins" seem to have been painted with yellow manes and tails, one with a pink body and the other blue by default, whereas the single version was most usually a much more realistic brown with white hair.


Brentford, May 2012.  I used to ride this little beauty as a child in the 1990s.  While he was obviously a little the worse for wear when I filmed him, his paintwork was all original.  Sadly, the shop has since closed down and I expect this poor little pony headed to the knacker's yard.  I'm glad I managed to document him when I did.

No comments:

Post a Comment