Wednesday, February 1, 2023

"Horse"


Many thanks to Ian Eason for this film!

This unusual wooden horse is a mystery to me.  I have only ever seen it once before, in a grainy black and white photograph taken outside a Skegness arcade in the 1960s.  Then this film was sent to me.

The horse in the film was apparently bought from a 75 year old man in 2015.  It used to be sited in the Skegness area which I suppose means it could theoretically be the same horse as shown in the old photo I have.  It's certainly painted the same way so this is either the original paintwork or the same horse.  The original owner thinks it may have come from a company in Lincoln but I suppose until another identical horse shows up, it could equally have been a one of a kind machine made by someone who worked at the arcade.  It wouldn't be the first time in the history of coin operated rides!

If anybody has further information about this horse, I would love to hear from you!

No comments:

Post a Comment